Sunday, May 10, 2015

To the Mother of my Foster Children on Mother's Day

Dear Mother of my Foster Children,

It's Mother's Day weekend, and I can only imagine the thoughts you have or the emotions you may be feeling. I've never been in your position. Even still, I wanted to tell you a few things.

First, Thank You. Thank you for birthing these beautiful children. Without you, they wouldn't be in my life. Being their foster mother is the greatest blessing I have ever received. I know how that must sound to you, but I truly mean it. All my life, all I've ever wanted to be is a mom. Ever since I was in high school, I've wanted to be a foster or adoptive parent.  I've wanted to provide love and safety to children in a time when they needed it the most.

Second, we talk about you. You aren't forgotten, even if it may feel like it at times. You will always be a part of the children's memories and their hearts...no matter what the future holds. We encourage them to remember the good moments, rather than dwelling on the negative or scary ones, even though they need to "release" those emotions at times. (I hope that if the future means they return home to you, you will also allow them to talk of us and remember the good memories we shared.)

Third, we pray for you. We pray that you feel the love of God on a daily basis. We pray you see the good around you. We pray for peace. We pray you know your children are happy and well cared for right now. We pray that you would seek your comfort from God.

None of us knows what the future holds. I can't tell you where any of us will be in six weeks, six months, or a year. I do know Who holds the future, and I trust Him to take care of all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment