Sunday, September 7, 2014

Moments of the Heart....

This weekend has been about the little moments... but the ones that make my heart swell.

Friday,  I posted a blog...a letter to myself,  reminding me that there are better days for every rough day....better moments for every rough moment.  A couple hours later,  my kiddoes got off the school bus, and we experienced some of those better moments....

Little Man took THREE AR tests Friday.... he made 2 100s and an 80! He read two other books that he's ready to take tests on tomorrow, because he ran out of time! He made a 100 on a science test AND he got back an old science assignment...he says he's the only one to get a 100 on that assignment!  Also,  he moved his clothespin up to SUPER STUDENT from READY TO LEARN!  Yes... I'm a proud Mama.

Baby Girl had a map project to do last week. It was due Friday.  She made a 100!  She worked so hard on that project!  It was hard to sit on my hands and let it be kid - generated,  but I did!!! She did well! She made a 100 on her reading/listening comprehension test!  This is the first one she's made above a C on,  so we are pleased! 

I really love to see the kids excelling in school. It makes me feel like I'm making a difference. 

We've had a lot of snuggle moments this weekend...moments where we decided to not worry about anything else. We just relaxed and loved on each other.  In the hustle and bustle of school, church, homework,  house work,  appointments...I don't want to lose the little moments.  These kiddoes have been loaned to us for a brief while.  We don't know how long we have to show them love...tender, genuine love....tough love....Unconditional love. I'm focusing on snuggling them a little longer and celebrating little moments. 

Speaking of celebrating.... we celebrated Grandparent's Day today!  We have to mail gifts to J's parents.  We got to give the gifts to Grammy (my mom) & Poppi & ReMal, though!  That was exciting!  The kids loved it,  and I think I had as much fun as they did!  While they may not be in our home forever, they will forever remember the love  all of their adoptive grandparents have given them.  It's real to them. It's another moment that warms the heart. 

I challenge you to slow down.  Focus on the heart moments.  Say I love you. Ask how are you. Smell the roses.  Experience life through the eyes of children.  Slow down. Relish the moments you have. Make moments!  They're worthwhile.  I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment